Research Line 3 – Geological Characterization and Modeling of a Carbonate Reservoir from the Brazilian Pre-salt, coordinated by Prof. Alexandre Campane Vidal (IGE/UNICAMP), aims to generate geological models that include the main geological heterogeneities to better represent the static reservoir from Lula’s field in the Brazilian pre-salt interval.
There are five main activities (AT) in RL3:
- AT1 – Seismic interpretation and stratigraphic analysis;
- AT2 – Petrophysical and facies analysis of the reservoir;
- AT3 – Interpretation of faults/fractures and representation in geological models;
- AT4 – Characterization of the reservoir karst structures;
- AT5 – Generation of the geological models with uncertainty analysis.