Research Line 1 – Production Optimization using Reservoir Simulation Models (RL1), coordinated by Prof. Denis J. Schiozer (FEM/UNICAMP), aims to generate methodologies to improve the decision-making and optimization processes related to the development and management of Brazilian pre-salt oil reservoirs. These activities involve several uncertainties and technological challenges related to reservoir and fluids properties and the enhanced oil recovery methods, making decision-making processes difficult.
Currently, RL1 is conducting research within five main research areas, called Activities (AT), as follows:
- AT1: reservoir characterization and representation in simulation models;
- AT2: production optimization and decision-making under uncertainty;
- AT3: simulation of enhanced oil recovery methods;
- AT4: simulation and visualization of models;
- AT5: integration between reservoir and production systems.